The iPhone 12 Pro was launched with several new features and a sleek, slimline design with a front glass-ceramic shield, and a 6.1-inch OLED HDR screen.
Built with the Apple A14 Bionic chip and 6GB RAM, the iPhone 12 Pro will load apps, shoot video, and stream content quicker than many older models.
Here are three amazing features of the iPhone 12 Pro.
LiDAR Depth Sensor
The iPhone 12 Pro comes with several new features not available on the original iPhone 12 model. The new LiDAR depth sensor is one of them.
- Located on the back of the mobile, with the camera panel, the light detection and ranging (LiDAR) sensor, helps to measure a person’s height, and take photo portraits in night mode.
- The LiDAR 3D scanning feature creates 3D room maps for those interested in home improvement planning.
- Those interested in a LiDAR-enhanced augmented reality (AR) gaming or simulation experience, can use LiDAR with a compatible app.
- You can even make use of the new LiDAR sensor and a compatible app to capture 3D recreations of an object for 3D printing.
Increased water, splash, and dust resistance:
With an IP68 rating and dust resistance, the iPhone 12 Pro is built for those who don’t like to worry about their mobile getting wet from accidental spillage or rainwater, or collecting dust from the external environment.
- The IP68 rating allows for water resistance up to six meters, for 30 minutes.
- A great feature for those who like to use their mobile camera underwater, the increased IP68 water resistance is suited for those who want to try out the pro-level camera features underwater.
- The iPhone 12 Pro also features increased dust resistance, which helps minimise the risk of dust particles sticking to the screen and marring the OLED screen viewing experience.
The iPhone 12 Pro offers a built-in storage capacity of 128GB, that’s double the amount of the standard iPhone 12 model.
- The increased storage is great for those using the iPhone 12 Pro to shoot video at 4K HD resolution, as 4K files take up a larger amount of space.
- The expanded 128GB storage capacity helps store double the amount of content than the 64GB standard iPhone 12 model.
- Those who like to install a lot of apps, or who regularly download large volumes of music, films, TV shows and games, will benefit from the extra storage space.
- Whilst 128GB is provided as standard, certain models of the iPhone 12 Pro are also available with 256GB and 512GB storage.
More on the iPhone 12 Pro